List of words, which I found in The Hindu Editorial “Qatar Crisis – Mending the Rift.”
- Bloc(noun) – alliance, group, federation/union.
- Bully(noun) – persecutor, oppressor, browbeater/intimidator.
- Cease(verb) – stop, conclude, terminate.
- Comply with (verb) – abide by, adhere to, follow/respect.
- Disown(verb) – renounce, reject, deny.
- Dissident(noun) – objector, protester, disputant.
- Enforce(verb) – force, compel, demand/insist on.
- Impasse(noun) – deadlock, stalemate, stand-off.
- Implication(noun) – consequence, result, ramification/repercussion.
- Mend(verb) – correct, amend, rectify.
- Musclepower (noun) – influence, power/force, strength.
- On the face of it(phrase) – apparently, seemingly, evidently.
- Precursor(noun) – sign, signal, indication.
- Prevail-over (verb) – win through, triumph,, succeed.
- Regime(noun) – government, rule, leadership.
- Remittance(noun) – payment, settlement, money.
- Rift(noun) – disagreement, dispute, conflict.
- Sanguine( adjective) – optimistic, positive, hopeful.
- Shore up(phrasal verb) – support, assist, buttress/strengthen.
- Thriving(adjective) – growing, prosperous; flourishing.
— Disclaimer :
To see the meaning of word by Oxford Dictionary, click on the word. Or just highlight the word to see the meaning from inbuilt dictionary.
The definitions or meanings of words above, are based on my understanding and reading and not that of Oxford dictionary.
The definitions/ meanings are tentative, a summarized out come of internet search.
This list is based on my personal experience and study.